Zac tries out an Oculus Quest 2, a high-profile machine learning exec quits over Apple’s work from home policy, the iPhone might finally go to USB-C next year, and Apple discontinues the iPod for good.
Sponsored by Zocdoc: Go to Zocdoc.com/happyhour and download the Zocdoc app to sign-up for free and book a top-rated doctor. Many are available as soon as today.
Sponsored by Helix Sleep: Learn more and take the Helix Sleep quiz at helixsleep.com/9to5mac.
Sponsored by Net Suite: The CFOs that get it, get it. The CFOs that don’t, don’t. Over 29,000 businesses already use NetSuite. Head to NetSuite.com/HappyHour for a special one-of-a-kind financing offer.
Zack Hall @apollozac
Benjamin May @bzamayo
- Apple director of machine learning departments over return to in-person work policy
- Apple restructuring Services team to focus more on streaming and advertising businesses
- Gurman: Apple has explored ‘Instacart-like service’ with Health app integration
- Netflix hopes to launch ad-supported tier and crack down on password sharing this year
- Apple TV+ film Emancipation reportedly moving to 2023 release after Will Smith slap incident
- Report: Apple planning new colors for AirPods Max alongside AirPods Pro 2 launch this fall
- Apple discontinues iPod touch, ending 20 year run of iconic ‘iPod’ brand
- Memories of the iPod: A device that transformed our relationship to music
- iPod touch is now completely sold out in the US Apple Online Store
- USB-C iPhone 15 in the works, claims Kuo, following supply-chain survey
- Bloomberg backs report that iPhone 15 may switch to USB-C charging port next year
Listen to more Happy Hour Episodes
- Apple Podcasts
Listen to more 9to5 Podcasts
- Apple @ Work
- Alphabet Scoop
- Buzz Podcast
- Space explored
- Rapid Unscheduled Discussions
Enjoy the podcast?
Shop Apple at Amazon to support 9to5Mac Happy Hour or shop 9to5Mac Merch!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: